The 20th century saw some amazing advances in agriculture technology.
- hybrid seeds
- genetic engineering
- Bt cotton
- terminator gene
However, despite these great technological advances, farmers are still facing severe difficulties in several parts of the world.
- In Russia food production has been halved due to lack of nutrition in the soil, air and water.
- In Amazon region of South America soil degradation and plant diseases are causing serious problems for farmers.
- In Europe much of the food is radioactive.
- In India, many farmers caught in a debt spiral, resort to suicide.
- In the last two years the human population consumed more food than was grown.
- The essential qualities of plants have been degraded due to severe pollution.
- Medicinal herbs, in particular, now exhibit less potency than in previous eras.
- Greater quantities are now required to produce the same result.
There is a Solution…
The solution to these problems lies in 21st century technology …